OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Saturday, January 22, 2011

24 DAYS TO VALENTINE'S DAY

GETTING READY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY IS EXCITING TO ME, BECAUSE I JUST LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY. MY DAUGHTER ALWAYS HAS A VALENTINE TEA WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS, AND I LOVE MAKING MY OWN VALENTINE'S.

I RECEIVED THIS CARD FROM MY NIECE KAREN MANY YEARS AGO. WHEN THIS CARD IS OPEN IT IS 3 DIMENSIONAL. KAREN HAS A BLOG, " OVER THE BACKYARD FENCE"...................

I RECEIVED THIS SPECIAL VALENTINE CARD FROM MY SISTER CAROLINE MANY YEARS AGO. THIS CARD ALSO OPENS UP AND IS 3DIMENSIONAL..............................
DO YOU MAKE YOUR OWN VALENTINE CARDS?
I THINK IT IS A LOT OF FUN. HAVE A GREAT DAY, AND STAY WARM, NJ IS SOOOO COLD, AND THEY SAY MORE SNOW IS COMING OUR WAY............RIZZI....BRRRRRR!!!


9 comments:

  1. OH RIZZI,
    THESE ARE PURE JOY. I LOVE THE CHURCH OF ST. VALENTINE. I LIKE TO MAKE MY OWN VALENTINES BUT I AM NOT A 3-D MAKER.
    I READ THE POST ABOUT YOUR BROTHER ANDY AND I HAVE ADDED HIM TO THE PRAYER LIST...HOW IS HE TODAY...
    YOU HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY...PLEASE ADOPT ME...LOL
    HUGS
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    I AM FEATURING A NEW BLOG ON MY POST TODAY AND SHE IS HAVING A STUNNING GIVE AWAY...YOU WOULD REALLY LIKE HER RIZZI...SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL ARTIST AND SO KIND.
    I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU STOP BY AND SEE ME.
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rizzi, I certainly hope to make some Valentines. 24 days sounds like enough time but then somehow time just seems to slip away. :/ Stay warm and have a wonderful weekend. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rizzi dear, I am in love with all your valentine's trimmings!!! Oh, Rizzi, I wish I could find beauties like those here in my city...what is the round stuff? Ribbon? Tape?
    Much love to you and stay cozy dear friend!! Bela

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pictures, Aunt Riz. I've been getting all of my Valentine things out, too. I set up a new spot for my scrapbook and crafting, so I'll have lots more room to work. I'd forgotten about the 3D valentine I sent you! The one from Mom is so sweet, too.

    Stay warm and have a nice hot cup of cocoa with lots of marshmallows;)

    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aunt Riz, I love those Valentine Cards from Karen and Aunt Caroline - and it's so sweet that you have saved them, they're in great condition! I haven't make Valentine Cards in years - your supplies look like a lot of fun. I bet my dad would be surprised to get one from you ;). We are staying in today, it is just too cold to go outside. We'll be watching the Jets game (Bob and Robbie are big fans) so I'm making Chicken Chili (an Ina Garten recipe that everyone loves). So far Dad is okay - he has a few doctor's appointments this week. Take care and have fun with your Valentine crafts! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rizzi,

    I have always loved the older valentines and yours are beautiful. One of my fondest memories of Valentine Day is getting cards ready for my elementary class mates.

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved Valentine's Day too my friend..getting ready in my home for the big day as well. xoxoxo Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i"m glad I'm back our new baby, Mattie is a joy to us. i love your cards. they have som much style. take care rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rizzi,
    You are going to have so much fun with your Valentine's Day crafts!! I love seeing your creations. And how wonderful that your daughter always has a Valentine's Day Tea Party!! You and your family remind me so much of my family and the way I grew up...family always comes first.. You make it so magical and memorable for all...You are blessed. I think with this bitter cold weather that nothing in the world could be more wonderful then making special Valentine's Day crafts and enjoying tea...Luckily all my boys love tea and cookies so I can enjoy that with them too...
    I am glad to hear your brother is better, thank God!!
    Have a great week
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete