OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Monday, May 31, 2010

"70" YEARS AGO..............

THIS IS MY GRANDMOTHER, "KATE" SHE CAME OVER ON THE BOAT FROM ITALY TO AMERICA WHEN SHE WAS THREE YEARS OLD. THEIR BOAT DOCKED AT ELLIS ISLAND.
MY SISTER MARY AND I WENT TO VISIT THE STATUE OF LIBERTY, AND ELLIS ISLAND, A FEW YEARS BACK AND LOOKED UP HER RECORDS AND THEY WERE THERE. I AM THE YOUNGEST ONE IN THE PICTURE , MY GRANDMOTHER IS HOLDING ME IN HER ARM. THIS IS ONLY HALF OF HER GRANDCHILREN THERE WERE QUITE A FEW NOT IN THE PICTURE. PICTURES LIKE THIS ONE IS A GREAT MEMORY. EVEN THOUGH I WAS TO YOUNG REMEMBER THIS DAY. MY OLDER SISTER CAROLINE IS ON THE BOTTOM WITH THE LARGE BOW IN HER HAIR. MY SISTER MARY IS STANDING ON MY GRANDMOTHER'S RIGHT SIDE, AND MY BROTHER DICK IS SITTING ON THE FLOOR FIRST ONE ON THE RIGHT, AND JIMMY STANDING BEHIND HER ON THE RIGHT. SHE WAS A LOVELY WOMAN, AND HAD A HEART OF GOLD. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. RIZZI

4 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Riz, This is a great picture! I've been emailing Uncle Dick about some of our family history. Luke had a project to do for a class, and it was so interesting getting all of the information together.

    Your Memorial Day bbq sounds great! We went to Andy and Diane's, (got back yesterday), for Sami's graduation party. Today, we are going to just grill some burgers late, because Luke has a couple of baseball games. It's a beautiful day out. Have a good day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this ever a precious photo...i wonder if my mother was on the same boat? or my aunt..she landed in ellis island...lives in Elizabeth NJ now...

    the world is all connected one way or another! thanks for sharing this....it's so very special indeed...

    and thanks so very much for stopping in to see me and leaving your lovely comments!

    enjoy your monday!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful photo...thank you for sharing it with us...hugs for a great new week. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Sweet Hello from Frog Hollow Farm! I love this photo, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of my great grandmother Kate! Seeing Aunt Caroline, Aunt Mary, Uncle Jim and Uncle Dick is just so sweet - and you look so happy in your grandmother's lap! My dad talks about her once in a while, always making her seem like quite a lady! Thanks for sharing , I sent it on to Mary Joan to see the photo of her dad - she just loved it! Hope all is well! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete