IF YOU NEED PAMPERING, AFTERNOON TEA IS A RELAXING WAY TO SPEND A FEW HOURS, SOFT MUSIC ADDS TO A SERENE SETTING, FINGER SANDWICHES, SCONES OR JUST DESSERT WOULD BE A DELIGHT.
WE OFTEN GET CAUGHT UP IN OUR BUSY EVERYDAY ADVENTURES..........BUT...........
HOW NICE IT WOULD BE FOR A MOMENT, AND GATHER A FEW OF YOUR CLOSES FRIENDS FOR AN AFTERNOON TO SHARE MEMORIES, CATCH UP, AND JUST THE COMPANY OF ONE ANOTHER OVER AFTERNOON TEA. A PIECE OF CAKE, OR A SCONE WITH MARMALADE, AND A POT OF YOUR FAVORITE TEA WILL BRING COMFORT AND ALLOW YOU TO RECONNECT WITH PEOPLE YOU LOVE, AND THE TRUE MEANING OF
"FRIENDSHIP."............LIKE "FRIENDS SHARING TEA"
IN 1904, ENGLISHMAN RICHARD BLECHYNDEN CREATES ICED TEA DURING A HEAT WAVE AT THE ST. LOUIS WORLD FAIR.
WHITE TEA COMES FROM THE DELICATE BUDS AND YOUNGER LEAVES OF THE CHINESE CAMELLIA SINENSIS PLANT. THESE BUDS AND LEAVES ARE ALLOWED TO WITHER IN NATURAL SUNLIGHT BEFORE THEY ARE LIGHTLY PROCESSED TO PREVENT OXIDATION OR FURTHER TEA PROCESSING. THIS PRESERVES THE CHARACTERISTIC FLAVOR OF THE WHITE TEA. THE NAME "WHITE TEA" DERIVES FROM THE FINE SILVERY-WHITE HAIRS ON THE UNOPENED BUDS OF THE TEA PLANT, WHICH GIVES THE PLANT A WHITISH APPEARANCE.
I LOVE HAVING TEA IN THE AFTERNOON, TODAY I MADE A POT OF LADY GREY FOR JACKIE AND I, WE ALSO HAD A PIECE OF POUND CAKE, FILLED WITH BLACKBERRY JAM AND A CREAM CHEESE APRICOT FROSTING.













Oh yummy - I want to come over for cake and tea1 How lovely your pictures are- and the darling statuary!
ReplyDeleteHello Rizzi,
ReplyDeletewhat a fabulous post you share with us. Ice tea is one of the greatest creations for summer. And the Blueberry cake looks so delicious. All the nice pictures show a wonderful tea time. It was very relaxing to have tea with you. Thank you so much for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna
I love LAdy Grey Tea, so yummy. I would love to be sharing the afternoon with you, sitting and chatting.
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend,
Meredith
Hello Rizzi,
ReplyDeleteI'm here from Bernideen's and I LOVE your red transferware tea set. The teapot is simply adorable with the birdies on it. I've never seen one like it before. Tea and cake sounds wonderful on this rainy day. I'm a new Follower. Pleae stop by and say Hello. Have a delightful weekend.
Blessings,
Sandi
Oh, Rizzi your jammy cake looks divine! What a treat for you and your friend. Really loved your inspiring post today. The painting you posted is lovely. One that I have loved in the past, but forgot its title and had not seen in a while. Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteYour post is fabulous! I like the history... A very nice week for you!!! Hugs, Marion
ReplyDeleteTea time is my favourite time my friend...I get very excited if I find a new yummy tea...love this post today.
ReplyDeleteHugs for a happy Tuesday. xoxoxo
Such a sweet post, always makes me feel warm and cozy when I visit you. I LOVE your tea figurine. It's truly adorable....sometimes I wonder if you've been transported......perhaps you lived during those times and this is a 2nd go round for you my friend. You really understand the beauty from that time. Hugs
ReplyDelete