OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Friday, September 2, 2011

TEA IN THE GARDEN ON SATURDAY WITH BERNIDEEN

TODAY I AM HAVING A RELAXING CUP OF TEA IN THE GARDEN WITH MY DAUGHTER JACKIE, AFTER A FULL DAY OF SCHOOL SHOPPING.

WE STILL HAVE A FEW FLOWERS LEFT AFTER HURRICANE IRENE.


I THINK OUR BUTTERFLY GARDEN IS SO ENCHANTING, MY DAUGHTER HAS THE CUTEST FIGURES IN IT LIKE THE MUSHROOM GIRL.
THE WOODCHUCK FAMILY.
BEFORE WE KNOW IT ALL THESE PRETTY FLOWERS WILL BE GONE.
I LOVE THIS TEA SET, THE POT IS LARGE AND KEEPS THE TEA NICE AND HOT. THE PLATES HAVE A SPOT FOR THE TEACUP , IT IS SO PERFECT.
OUR ROBIN 'S EGGS ARE READY TO HATCH.........WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING.
IS SHE THE CUTEST LITTLE FLOWER YOU EVER SAW.

THE HURRICANE MADE A MESS OUT OF OUR BUTTERFLY BUSH, BUT IT WAS TIED BACK UP AND IS PERKING UP QUITE WELL.
THIS IS NETTIE OUR PINE CONE BABY, JUST ADORABLE.
MY LOVELY TEAPOT.
ANGEL FOOD CAKE WITH A CUP OF DARJEELING TEA.
IT WAS VERY RELAXING SIPPING OUR TEA IN THE GARDEN.
CHOCOLATE GOES WELL, WHEN YOU ARE RELAXING.
I KNOW IT IS STILL SUMMER, AND THE HOT WEATHER IS STILL HERE, BUT THE NIGHTS ARE SO MUCH COOLER, AND BY 7:30 IT IS ALMOST DARK. AS WE PASS THE FARMS I CAN SEE THE FIELDS OF PUMPKINS GROWING SO BEAUTIFULLY. WHEN I SIT OUTSIDE I CAN SMELL THE EARTH, AND SEE THE LEAVES DRYING, AND FALLING TO THE GROUND, AUTUMN IS IN THE AIR.


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...................................................RIZZI
THANK YOU BERNIDEEN FOR INVITING ME TO BE PART OF YOUR TEA PARTY.


16 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful! I had wanted some tea and toast set as well, but they were out of the pattern I wanted. Such a pretty set up. Glad to hear you are all okay from the storm. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty that butterfly bush is and to be able to drive by and see pumpkins would be so special! Thank you Rizzi for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rizzi,
    just popping in for a quick hello. Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tea parties...what fun you always seem to have...you remind me so much of my sweet Grandma that would make every event a time to celebrate with tea...{but you are much too young to be my grandma...my friend}

    Hugs and love to you...Love your tea set!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rizzi,
    Thnaks for letting me join you for your lovely tea today:-) Love all you gardens whimsical delight and I am glad Irene wasn't too rough on you!
    Love the springerle cookie on your sidebar, beautiful and pink!!!
    I am your newest follower :-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was glad you came to participate in the giveaway! Good luck! And what a beautiful tea ... flowers, garden, everything is beautiful! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rizzi,
    that is a nice butterfly garden. I would love to live there. Your tea table is very inviting. Love the little tea pot and the robin eggs with it. Nature makes such great things. Thank you for having me for tea in your garden.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty tea set, Rizzi! I know what you mean about the flowers - I see the end in sight and it makes me sad. Have a great weekend with your family!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice, dear Rizzi!!! Pure delight!!! Your are so delicate, we can fell that just looking at your pics!!
    Love, Bela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings to you on this holiday weekend!
    Pretty pretty tea!
    Hugs,
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Aunt Riz, you've set such a lovely tea. The red and white tea set is so pretty, and I love Jackie's butterfly garden.

    Our temperatures were much cooler today. I turned off the AC and opened all the windows. It's been gorgeous out all day.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tea plates are too adorable, Rizzi! I adore how they have a nice space for a sweet beside the tea's rest. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you fared ok from the hurricane, and your teas as always look so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an enchanted little garden-so many little surprises to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rizzi,

    Your garden still looks wonderful with those gorgeous blooms. Your tea setting is very inviting and love the enchanted garden figurines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rizzi, hope all is well. Your flowers are so lovely as are all the little garden statues. and that tea set is so pretty. Love the saucer that fits the teacup and a treat. Best wishes to you and yours, Tammy

    ReplyDelete