OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Thursday, June 10, 2010

MY MOM.....JUNE 10, 1964

THIS IS A PICTURE OF MY MOM AND DAD MANY MANY YEARS AGO...EDNA, AND ANDY.......TODAY IS THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE DAY MY MOM DIED, 46 YEARS AGO. SHE WAS A WONDERFUL MOM, SHE RAISED 7 KIDS. 4 BOYS, AND 3 GIRLS, I WAS THE YOUNGEST OF THE 7 KIDS. EVERYDAY WHEN WE CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL SHE WAS THERE SITTING AT THE KITCHEN TABLE HAVING A CUP OF TEA. I MISS HER WITH ALL MY HEART.



HERE SHE IS WITH 4 OF US, I'M THE SHORT ONE, THEN MY SISTER MARY, BROTHER DICK, AND SISTER CAROLINE. SHE HAD 21 GRANCHILDREN, SUCH GREAT MEMORIES, MISS YOU MOM.

7 comments:

  1. you have honoured her memory with this post!

    i hope you're thinking of all the good things you remember about her...that would have made her happy!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm. I loved Grandma so much - she was such a loving person. I think anyone would feel safe and loved with her - I miss her too, and I know how much my mom loved her - since my mom's mom was in Ireland when she got married, I think grandma kind of took her place. Wonderful post! Loved the photos - although Pop-Pop looks a bit scowly!! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photos are a treasure. family is so important. i love some of the movies you mentioned. i live in ga but was born in penn. will follow your blog. rose at http://somewondersoflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice seeing pictures of Grandma and Pop-Pop. I was about six years old when she passed away, and have only a few clear memories of her. But I know how much she was loved and how she was missed by everyone. I'm glad Mom kept her memory alive with all of the stories she told us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely memory and picture. Thank you for sharing a piece of your heart. I understand completely. April hit a year since I lost my Mother. Mother's are very special people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet....what a blessing to have such lovely memories. Hugs to you today. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rizzi! I love your family photos! Thanks for sharing these memories so dear to your heart. I love that you have come upon my blog and have become a friend. Thank you for all your sweet friendship!
    Hugs,
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete