
TODAY IS MY DAD'S BIRTHDAY, HE WAS THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD. THAT IS HOW I LOOKED AT HIM WHEN I WAS A CHILD, ACTUALLY I STILL REMEMBER HIM THAT WAY. DAD PASSED AWAY 26 YEARS AGO. I LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF HIM AND MY MOM, SHE IN HER APRON, AND DAD WITH HIS BAGGY PANTS.

MY DAD HAD A LOT OF PATIENCE, HE WAS A FIREMAN IN THE CITY OF NEWARK, NJ, FIRE HOUSE 5. HE WOULD DRIVE THE HUGE HOOK AND LADDERS, AND MY BROTHERS AND SISTER'S AND I WOULD HEAR THE SIREN AND RUN TO SEE HIM, HE WOULD BE SITTING THERE WITH THE FIRE HOUSE DOG BESIDE HIM.
WE WOULD WAVE AND WAVE, WE WERE SO PROUD OF HIM. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD.
WE WOULD WAVE AND WAVE, WE WERE SO PROUD OF HIM. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD.
Oh what a sweet man your dad must of been...my dad was a firefighter too. Sending you much love as you enjoy the memories. xoxoxo
ReplyDeletehey darling!
ReplyDeletei do hope you'll get through your day, remembering your father with a smile upon your face...
ciao bella
thanks for stopping in to see me as well!!!
creative carmelina
Thankyou for sharing your beautiful memories of your father. I hope my kids look up to me the same way as you did to your father.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the kind words you left on my blog.
Your new friend, Terry
Great memories, Aunt Riz. I remember Pop-Pop as so big and strong, and he could do anything he set his mind to. He built a great house and loved his horses and ponies and dogs. And his gardens.
ReplyDelete