OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Friday, January 15, 2010

VALENTINE MEMORIES

THE YEAR WAS 1989, THAT'S OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO. MY SISTER CAROLINE MADE ME THIS BEAUTIFUL HEART SHAPED VALENTINE BOX FOR ALL MY TRINKET'S. I REMEMBERED THE DAY IT ARRIVED IN THE MAIL. IT MADE ME SO HAPPY, CAROLINE KNEW IT WOULD, BECAUSE SHE KNOWS HOW MUCH VALENTINE'S DAY MEANS TO ME.
SHE TOOK ONE OF THE DOILIES MY GRANDMOTHER CROCHET, AND MADE A SACHET OUT OF IT. CAROLINE ALSO LOVED TO CROCHET, SHE PUT THE LACE ON THE HANKIES, REMEMBERING BACK WHEN WE WERE KIDS, WE USED HANKIES INSTEAD OF TISSUES. I EVEN KEPT THE NOTE SHE TUCKED AWAY IN THE HEART. I LOVE LOOKING BACK TO THOSE DAYS SO LONG AGO. THEY MAKE ME HAPPY.MY SISTER CAROLINE DIED A FEW YEARS AGO. I MISS HER SO VERY MUCH, WE WERE VERY CLOSE, AND SHE WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEEDED HER. YESTERDAY, JANUARY 14, WAS HER BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLINE.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful keepsake. It's so like Mom to have done something like this. I love seeing her handwriting on the note:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so "Aunt Caroline" -- creative and thoughtful. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...you are bringing back memories to me! I made a heart box just like that years ago!!!! Now I wonder where it got too? You are not going to belive this but it was the same material ..that paisely print only in peach shades...wow the inside piece that came out was peach as well and in the same fabric. That is so amazing to me.

    What a dear sister you had as I remember how much work goes into one of those boxes.

    Happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Duchess of Tea has bestowed a title upon you. Her Grace requests the honour of your presence at the knighting ceremony to be held at Rose Tea Cottage.

    The Duchess will be honoured if you accept the award she is presenting you by copy and pasting it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete