OLD BARNEY
Monday, January 25, 2010
THE YELLOW TEAPOT
THIS YELLOW TEAPOT WAS MY MOTHER'S. SHE RECEIVED IT FROM MY SISTER-IN-LAW JOAN AS A GIFT, IT'S FIFTY-FIVE YEARS OLD. IT IS LARGE, AND DOESN'T DRIP, AND MAKES A NICE CUP OF TEA. IT HAS BEEN USED SO MANY TIMES THROUGH THE YEARS.
WHEN MY DAUGHTER JACKIE AND I HAVE OUR TEA OF COURSE WE USE THE FAMILY TEAPOT. SO MANY MEMORIES COME ALIVE SIPPING OUR TEA. I THINK ABOUT MY SISTER-IN-LAW JOAN WHO WAS SO NICE, AND SHE WOULD BRING ITALIAN PASTRIES, AND WE WOULD ALL SIT AROUND THE DINING ROOM TABLE SEWING, CROCHETING, KNITTING, AND HAVING OUR TEA. JOAN HAS PASSED A FEW YEARS BACK, I MISS HER. MEMORIES..... THERE'S NOTHING LIKE AN OLD TEAPOT TO BRING THEM BACK. RIZZI
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh how I love your teapot..I adore the fact that is yellow. Tea so reminds me of my sweet grandma..when I was growing up everyday at 3pm she would have her tea. I now have tea every single day...I never drink coffee. Hope your week has started out to be a great one! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautifully written, Aunt Riz. Your blog is journal of family memories. I love how the old teapot brings so many to mind.
ReplyDeleteI'm coming for tea next time. How nice to share tea with a special pot, and to share those memories!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Sandy
I have my grandmothers teapot. I think it's important to have physical memories of the people you loved. Found you through a comment made on Sandy's blogged emailed to me.
ReplyDelete