THIS IS A MERMAID PURSE, AND THERE ARE EMBRYOS INSIDE THE PURSE OF A SHARK, THAT IS HOW THE FEMALE LAYS HER EGGS.ABOUT 1/3 OF SHARKS ARE OVIPAROUS, IT MEANS THAT IT LAYS EGGS, WHICH ARE USUALLY HARD, SPIRALED SHELLS KNOWN AS MERMAID'S PURSE. THEY LAY THEIR EGGS ON THE SEA BOTTOM OR AMONG PLANTS WHERE THEY CAN BE SAFE. A YOLK WITHIN THE EGG NOURISHES THE EMBRYO UNTIL IT'S LARGE ENOUGH TO CHEW ITSELF OUT. HORN SHARKS AND PORT JACKSON SHARKS ARE AMONG OVIPAROUS SPECIES. SKATE AND RAYS ARE RELATED TO THE SHARK, AND ALSO LAY THEIR EGGS IN MERMAID PURSES. THERE ARE A FEW SKATE THAT WILL DELIVER THEIR YOUNG LIVE.






Oh my! I learned something new today. TFS. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI have found my way here from my cousin's blog... T's Daily Treasures. This is really interesting stuff. I love to learn new things about our earth and God's creatures on it.
Blesings & Bliss~
Gwenny
Thanks for the information Rizzi, I am having my first give away, stop by and see me.
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Hi Rizzi,
ReplyDeleteHow interesting! I never really thought about how sharks lay their eggs. The wonders of nature.
WOW, got my science lesson for the day. Very cool, I didn't know that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visit, always appreciate it. My DD and I had a wonderful visit, but it was far too short. sigh She's back in her STL, about 500 miles away.
Hi, I´m from Brazil,more necessarily in a called island Florianópolis. E is common to find these this way mermaide purse, and I never knew to the certainty what they were. You finally clarified my curiosity.Tks and sorry for my english. ;)
ReplyDelete