OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Sunday, September 11, 2011

LOVELY FLOWERS AND 9/11


YESTERDAY WAS GRANDPARENTS DAY, AND I RECEIVED THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWER ARRANGEMENT, WITH A LITTLE TEDDY BEAR FROM MY GRANDDAUGHTERS
JENNA, MATTIE, AND MAKAYLA................................





SEPTEMBER 11, 2011



A DAY TO REMEMBER, FULL OF SORROW AND FEAR. I WATCHED IT ON TV AND CRIED, I WAS SO SHOCKED , THE NEXT THREE DAYS THAT FOLLOWED WERE VERY QUIET IN MY HOME, I THOUGHT WHAT COULD BE WAITING FOR US OUT IN THIS WORLD OF OURS...........................THEN ON 9/14 I GOT A CALL FROM THE POLICE AND THEY TOLD ME MY DAUGHTER JENNY, 25 YEARS OLD WHO WAS ON HER WAY TO GEORGIAN COURT COLLEGE TO TAKE HER BIO TEST WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT, AND SHE IS AT JERSEY SHORE HOSPITAL.................MY HEART STOPPED AND I FELT SICK....................MY DAUGHTER JACKIE AND I RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL TO FIND OUR JENNY WAS NOT SO GOOD, SHE WAS IN A COMA, AND SHE DIDN'T HAVE A BROKEN BONE, OR A SCRATCH ON HER. THE CAR THAT HIT HER MADE HER JEEP SHAKE SO BAD, MAKING HER HEAD SHAKE BACK AND FORTH DAMAGING HER BRAIN.......................SHE IS HOME WITH US TODAY, SHE WILL BE 35 YEARS OLD IN DECEMBER...................................SHE WATCHES TV, BUT SHE IS PARALYZED AND SHE DOESN'T SPEAK, SHE MIGHT UNDERSTAND SOME THINGS, BUT NOT MUCH. I MUST SAY, SHE STILL HAS HER PRETTY SMILE.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY....................................RIZZI


8 comments:

  1. God Bless you Rizzi! Those were certainly awful days for you. So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. Jenny is certainly lucky to have all of you. Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Rizzi. I had no idea. That is horrible. I am so sorry this happened. She is just a year younger than me. I can't imagine something like that happening. I think that must have been your worst nightmare. I am happy she has such a wonderful family to take care of her. Not everyone has that.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGS for you and your Rizzi. I didn't watch any of the specials on TV, though that day was on my mind on day; just felt I didn't need the additional sadness.

    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet friend..I remember you sharing Jenny's story once before...I did not realize her accident was so close to 9/11....sending you oooodles of love for you and Jenny today. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rizzi, was touched by the story of his daughter. It must be difficult - but also should be reassuring to have your daughter with you. A hug for grandparents day! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GREAT BIG HUG TO YOU RIZZI...I ADORE YOU SO. YOU ARE A SPECIAL LADY, WITH A SPECIAL FAMILY I WISH I HAD.
    I pray for sweet Jenny and you every day. We never know what the future brings.
    On 9/11 my husband called me on the phone to tell me and I cried calling women of our church to get together and pray. It just did not seem possible that such destruction could occur in America even though OKC had suffered domestic
    home grown violence with the bombing of the Murrah Building......and brave NEW YORKERS came to our aid and Oklahoman's were proud to help New Yorkers in such ....there isn't even a word I can think of to describe it even 10 years later.
    I certainly prayed for you and all those in Hurricane Irene's path. We teased my mil because she is named Irene.
    So very good to speak to you.
    love and hugs
    Simply Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rizzi,
    your words make my heart sad. It is hard to have raisen a healty child and then to loose her health in an accident. God alone knows why such things happen. I looked TV on 9/11 and remembered the TV scenes on that day. My husband came early from work and he stood crying in the door and told us, what happened. We then put the TV on and saw the crashdown of the towers. It was horrible and makes me cry again. There are so many bad things in the world: accidents, terror, hurricans, fire and earthquakes. But all the bad things make us feeling the good things stronger. I want to hug you for all the bad things and wish you and your daughters many good moments.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rizzi,

    My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't imagine what you must have been going through just hearing the news about Jenny being in an accident. God bless you for keeping you strong. Happy belated Grandparent's Day and I wish you many more.

    ReplyDelete