OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Friday, September 23, 2011

FRIENDS SHARING TEA

TODAY I DECIDED TO SPEND MY AFTERNOON WITH MY NEW FRIEND LULU, GIVEN TO ME BY MY DAUGHTER JACKIE. I LOVE COLLECTING DOLLS.








I WOULD LIKE YOU TO MEET MY NEW FRIEND LULU, WE WILL HAVE LADY GREY TEA, AND ANGEL FOOD CAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM.


WHEN I NEED A LITTLE LIFT
I GET TOGETHER WITH A FRIEND
AND HAVE A LITTLE TEA WITH THEE.
WE HAVE A LOT OF FUN AND TALK
THE FRIENDSHIP MEANS A LOT TO ME
IT REALLY DOES A HEART GOOD
TO HAVE A FRIEND LIKE YOU.
HOW GREAT THIS WORLD WILL BE
IF THEY COULD SEE YOU AND ME.








ANGEL FOOD CAKE AND STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM





FRIENDSHIP AND RELATIONSHIPS ARE IMPORTANT TO WOMEN OF ALL AGES, AND TEA HAS BECOME AN INCREASINGLY IMPORTANT PART OF THE FRIENDSHIP RITUAL, TEATIME IS LIKE HAVING A BOX OF TREASURES, THERE ARE SO MANY TEAS AND YOU CAN HAVE ANY KIND YOU WANT. TEATIME IS WARM AND FRIENDLY.







I CANNOT SIT AND CHAT WITH YOU,
THE WAY I LIKED TO DO.
SO BREW YOURSELF A CUP OF TEA,
I'LL THINK OF YOU, YOU THINK OF ME.








IN VICTORIAN TIMES, LOW TEA (ALSO CALLED A "FULL TEA" WAS A TEA THAT WAS TYPICALLY SERVED IN A PARLOR OR LIVING ROOM TYPE OF SETTING USING SIDE TABLES, AND A TEA CART OR TEA/COFFEE TABLE TO SERVE FROM.




THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY..........................................RIZZI

THANK YOU BERNIDEEN FOR INVITING ME TO DO "FRIENDS SHARING TEA"
http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. Now that is such a cute narrative and such a darling doll. I think she feels very special being viewed around the world! thank you Rizzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll is a beauty and it looks like she brought you a gift of wool. I agree with you about friendships Rizzi. A good friend can get you through just about anything.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rizzi
    I'm visiting from Bernideen's and have enjoyed visiting you for this delightful tea - lovely sentiments!
    Your new doll Lulu appears to be enjoying the tea party too.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rizzi, your prim doll is so sweet! And your setting for tea is beautiful. Yummo! Angel food cake is some of the healthiest you can have, and with strawberries you can't go wrong. I've been eating a lot of sweets lately. :/ At least they are mostly homemade. :) It's getting dark earlier here too which is always a little strange. Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh, so nice. I love your new friend. Enjoy your tea my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love watching 'tea time' in Victorian films....and Jane Austen movies as well...where the ladies are embroidering something in the background and the men are sitting and having tea.....

    I've always thought it looked funny to see a MAN holding a dainty and pretty tea cup! but my hubby will enjoy a fancy tea with me now and then! so I'm a happy camper!

    thanks for stopping by bella
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    Ciao!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hummmm... cake with strawberries and cream - I like it!!!! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. That angel food cake and strawberries sure does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oi Rizzy, grata pela visita em meu blog.
    Gosto muito do seu blog.
    Desejo que você tenha uma primavera (não sei quando será aí) cheia de flores em seu caminho.
    Um abraço do Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so adorable! And just look at that cake and berry treat! Pure joy my friend. Thank you for sharing...hope all is well! xo

    ReplyDelete