THIS IS A LADY CRAB SHELL, IT WAS FOUND ON THE BEACH AT LONG BEACH, LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK STATE. YOU CAN FIND THEM FROM CANADA TO GEORGIA.
IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL, IT IS HARD TO TELL, BUT IT IS MARKED WITH A PURPLE PATTERN ON THEIR SHELL.
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK STATE
THEY LIVE ON THE ATLANTIC SURF CLAM. THE SURF CLAM ALSO IS EATEN BY HUMANS. THEY USE THEM TO MAKE CHOWDERS, AND SUSHI.

Beautiful shells, as you know I loveto go for a walkon the beach and collect these gifts. Nothing more peaceful than that.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Sunday,
Meredith
SO nice to learn from you, dear Rizzi!!
ReplyDeleteWish you a wonderful Wednesday!!
Love, Bela
Hi sweet friend...oh I would love to go visit this area. Thank you for sharing some more gifts of the sea.
ReplyDeleteHugs for a great rest of your week. xoxo
Rizzi
ReplyDeleteThe shells are gorgeous, I especially love the one at the top..it looks like a beautiful bowl. I see your tea party below it looks wonderful and the girls in the sidebar at the horse show are adorable!!! Your blog is always filled with happiness, and the family you love so much! Thats why I love visiting you..it inspires me.
Enjoy your weekend I can't wait to see your posts next week
Love
Bunny
You, my dear are a precious gift to me. I just love the time you take to post about so many things, from nature's wonders, to your darling grandchildren!
ReplyDeleteI'm suddenly in the mood for french toast now!
Ciao Bella!
CREATIVE CARMELINA