OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Monday, May 2, 2011

GOOD MORNING ROBIN RED BREAST

GOOD MORNING, IT'S 10:01 AM, A VERY GLOOMY, CHILLY MONDAY. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE RAIN TODAY.
I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE HAVING MY MORNING COFFEE,
AND I SPOTTED THIS BEAUTIFUL ROBIN SITTING IN HER NEST. THE NEST THAT SHE BUILT WAS IN A TREE WITH NO LEAVES. THERE WAS NO MR. ROBIN, SO MAYBE SHE'S A SINGLE MOM. I FELT A LITTLE SAD FOR HER, BECAUSE THEY SAY RAIN TODAY, AND SHE HAS NO LEAVES TO SHELTER HER. GOD BLESS HER, I HOPE SHE WILL BE ALL RIGHT.


HOPE EVERYONE HAD A NICE WEEKEND, OUR WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL ALL WEEKEND. WE DID SOME SHOPPING, AND WENT OUT TO DINNER. I ORDERED THE OLD FASHION TURKEY DINNER WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS. WE BROUGHT OUR DESSERTS HOME, I HAD A NAPOLEAN.....VERY DELICIOUS.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.............RIZZI

9 comments:

  1. What a darling picture. I'm surprised she let you get that close. I think Mr. Robin was out getting food. I think typically they don't leave the nest unattended if there are eggs there. So one sits on it, and one goes to get the food?
    Our weather hasn't been warm enough to sit outside yet, maybe a few afternoons with a jacket, but definitely not in the am. We're still getting some frost at night.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rizzi, that robin be fine. We really don't have many robin's this far south, but we did in Michigan where I grew up. I lvoed seeing them knowing Spring was right around the corner. Stay dry and warm,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how the birds survive through all the storms. Looks like you had a nice Easter and trip to the beach. We actually had clear skies today. Never know what it will be like from one day to the next. My balconies are a mess but just about the time I get them clean, another dust storm comes along. Ugh! Hope you are having a good day. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great picture, Aunt Riz. I just love robins. We had a beautiful day today. It snowed for about 10 minutes, but then the sun came out again.

    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think about the birds often and try to feed them. We have many houses in our yards for them. I always think of Mary Poppins-Feed the birds and God always takes care of the tiniest of birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rizzi

    I enjoyed scrolling down and seeing and reading all your posts that I missed while I was away. I love the Easter one! It was beautiful up here over the weekend too..but it did drizzle today and it had a chill in the air... Its nice that you get to go outside and enjoy your coffee. I also love seeing your photos of the birds. I hope the weather changes soon so you can spend a lot of time with your lovely family outside enjoying coffee and all the lovely singing birds!
    xx
    love
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, dear Rizzi!! Our days have been so nice, good temperatures, blue sky!
    Much love to you all, dear! Bela

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so like me my friend...I am always worrying about the animals and birds outside in the eliments...but as my husband reminds me...God does take care of them all.

    Sending you sun filled skies my friend. xoxoxo hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this is a good sign - spring is here - at least where you are!

    ReplyDelete