THE NORTHERN CARDINAL IS A FAIRLY LARGE, LONG TAILED SONGBIRD WITH A SHORT, VERY THICK BILL AND A PROMINENT CREST. CARDINALS OFTEN SIT WITH A HUNCHED-OVER POSTURE AND WITH THE TAIL POINTED STRAIGHT DOWN.
THE ADULT MALE IS BRIGHT RED OVERALL, BLACK MASK AND THROAT, RED CREST, AND THICK RED BILL
THE ADULT FEMALE CARDINAL IS DULL BROWN OVERALL, DULL RED WINGS AND TAIL, REDDISH CREST, AND BRIGHT RED BILL.

AN ADULT MALE IS KNOWN FOR HIS LARGE THICK RED BILL, AND HIS LONG TAIL.
THE CARDINAL LOVES TO EAT SUNFLOWER SEEDS.

THEY MAKE THEIR NESTS IN THE LOW UNDERGROWTH. THEY LOVE TO TRAVEL IN PAIRS, OR SMALL GROUPS.
HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE ABOUT THE CARDINAL, THEY ARE A BEAUTIFUL BIRD.
My cardinals always travel in a pair - the male and the female. Wouldn't you know it? Once again, the male has the more beautiful coloring!
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia
Beautiful bird, adorable post!!! Rizzi, I loved today´s post!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Bela
PRECIOSO EL CARDENAL YO SOLO CONOZCO UN TIPO DE CARDENAL....
ReplyDeletePERO ES PRECIOSO CON ESE COPETE.
SALUDOS
So stunning....I have never ever seen one of these beautiful birds living where I do...I so want to...what beautiful birds...thank you for sharing such JOY today my sweet friend. xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHi Rizzi, my ex-husband's Nonnie used to say that when you see a red bird, you should close your eyes and make a wish. I still do that to this day. Of course, we aren't seeing any cardinals on this side of the world. :( Mostly pigeons and doves.
ReplyDeleteYour gifts from Bernideen are absolutely lovely. And your lunch for Jackie looked and sounded devine. Glad to hear you had nice weather today. I think the dust here will hang around for a bit. Ugh! I do hate it so.
Off to bed now. Goodnite! Tammy
I wish you all a Wonderful Easter, dear Rizzi!!!
ReplyDeleteMuch JOY and happiness and chocolate, of course!!!
Love, Bela