ALAN ALEXANDER MILNE, AN ENGLISH AUTHOR BEST KNOWN FOR HIS BOOKS ABOUT A TEDDY BEAR NAMED "WINNIE THE POOH."
HE WAS A NOTED PLAYWRIGHT, BEFORE HIS HUGE SUCCESS OF "POOH."
BORN...JANUARY 18, 1882, IN KILBURN, LONDON, ENGLAND.
DIED....JANUARY 31, 1956, IN HARTFIELD, SUSSEX, ENGLAND.
HE WAS A NOVELIST, PLAYWRIGHT, AND POET.
MILNE IS FAMOUS FOR A BOY NAMED CHRISTOPHER ROBIN, (HIS SON). HIS SON HAD A BEAR NAMED EDWARD, WHICH WAS CHANGED TO WINNIE THE POOH.
CHRISTOPHER ROBIN MILNE HAD MANY STUFFED TOYS,
HIS FATHER WROTE MANY STORIES ABOUT THEM.
ALL OF HIS STUFFED TOYS ARE IN THE NEW YORK CITY LIBRARY UNDER GLASS.
I had a stuffed Winnie the Pooh and darned if I know where it ended up. Such a wonderful story and a wonderful cuddly bear.
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia
A sweet hello to you Aunt Riz from Frog Hollow Farm. What a cute little bear and so wonderful that you still have it to cherish. You were right when you commented on my blog about the heat - FHFB and I were outside all day yesterday cleaning up the gardens and planting -we were wiped by the time we stopped that evening. Today was pretty hot as well but I was at a baby shower for most of the day. We had a landscaper over in the morning for some final thoughts on the front of the house next to the new porch, so hopefully he'll be able to start in a few weeks. Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteCiao, bella!
Winnie looks like he was well loved. How precious he must be for you.
ReplyDeleteI have the Winnie the Pooh books my Grandma K gave me when I was born. Such wonderful, timeless stories.