OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Monday, April 26, 2010

MEMORIES...................

THIS IS MY WEDDING PICTURE COMING OUT OF THE CHURCH ON DECEMBER 2, 1961. WOW!! I WAS MARRIED 46 YEARS WHEN MY HUSBAND BILL PASSED AWAY IN 2007. WE HAD A GREAT LIFE TOGETHER, AND WE RAISED 4 CHILDREN, 3 GIRLS , AND I BOY. TIME GOES BY SO FAST. WE WERE 22 YEARS OLD WHEN WE GOT MARRIED.

BILL JUST GOT OUT OF THE MARINE CORP, AND I WAS WORKING AS A BANK TELLER. I REMEMBER WE GOT AN APARTMENT 3 FLOOR WALK UP, LARGE ROOMS, AND GIGANTIC WINDOWS WHICH I LOVED. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, WE PAID $87.50 PER MONTH RENT. THEY WERE VERY HAPPY DAYS. MEMORIES.... WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT THEM.

3 comments:

  1. A sweet hello from one of your flower girls!! What a wonderful photo of you and Uncle Bill. I always loved him, he was easy to talk to and always gave a kid a break, you know what I mean? And you my dear Aunt Riz haven't changed a bit! Thanks for stopping by my blog today - it's good to be home. Going out to dinner tonight for FHFB's birthday! Hope all is well! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I always thought that I was your flower girl! I remember the dress, white with a green silk sash, and yes, now I do remember walking up the steps to the church that day in my dress and wearing it to your wedding. Oh well...! Ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were such a beautiful bride!! I remember that day, at least bits and pieces. I was your flower girl:)(but I don't mind sharing the memory with Ann Marie, lol) and I remember thinking how you were a princess, you looked so beautiful. I remember walking down the aisle, holding Mark's hand.

    Uncle Bill was always such a handsome guy. I agree with Ann Marie, he was so easy to talk to and took such an interest in us as kids. He always made me feel special.

    ReplyDelete