THIS IS MY ALCOTT LAP DESK, NAMED AFTER THE AUTHOR LOUISA MAY ALCOTT WHO WROTE LITTLE WOMEN. JO FROM LITTLE WOMEN HAD ONE. WHEN I SAW THIS IN VICTORIAN TRADING CATALOG I LOVED IT FROM THE START. IT IS SO PERSONAL, AND PRIVATE.

THIS IS THE DESIGN ON THE DESK, VERY DAINTY.

I KEEP A SPECIAL ANGEL PEN, AND SOME VINTAGE WRITING PAPER IN IT.......THE WRITING PAPER HAS VIOLETS ON IT, MY FAVORITE FLOWER.

MY DAUGHTER JACKIE BOUGHT ME THIS MAGNIFY GLASS AND LETTER OPENER FOR MY LAP DESK.


I EVEN TREATED MYSELF TO THE BOOK "LITTLE WOMEN," I READ IT MANY MANY YEARS AGO, AND ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH. I LOVE THE THREE MOVIES THEY MADE OF LITTLE WOMEN, GOING FAR BACK WHEN KATHERINE HEPBURN PLAYED JO, THEN JUNE ALLISON PLAYED JO, AND THEN IN THE LAST MOVIE THEY MADE,
WYNONA RYDER PLAYED JO. I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE ANOTHER ONE, OR A
SEQUEL.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. R
IZZI
Soooooo beautiful..what a treasure to keep. I just read your last post to my dear...you are sooooo beautiful in your wedding dress. Isn't it nice to have those sweet memories. A special hug today... just for you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteRizzi, that lap desk is lovely! What a treasure. It takes you back to a different time, doesn't it? When we took the time to hand write letters - I love it.
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia
Hi Rizzi...
ReplyDeletei love Little Women too! in fact, I posted an older copy of the book that my hubby found in a thrift shop for me....it's a few posts back...
your laptop desk is simple divine! love it!
thanks for sharing...and I too wish they would do yet another version or a sequel would be grand!!!
ciao bella
creative carmelina was here!
A sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm! I love Little Women too, and that little desk is just adorable. I think we all need that special place to keep pretty things like special writing paper and other cute little bobbles that make us smile. Great photos! Ciao, bella!
ReplyDeleteHello Rizzi! I love your special writing desk and box. I love it special compartment that you can store special papers and trinkets. You are such a lovely person and that just shines through your beautiful posts. I read the post below and you look so lovely in your wedding gown. The years sure do go by fast and I try to savor each minute. I am so happy that you have a loving family in your life, and all the wonderful memories of so many blissfully married years to your sweetheart that you will have forever in your heart, you are blessed.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Such a beautiful writing desk and all the accessories, too. I love the story of Little Women. It was a hard life for them, but the happiness they found in every little thing made it quite joyful. We can all learn from the story, about how to live our own lives.
ReplyDelete