OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Monday, May 16, 2011

SEASHELLS BY THE SEA

SEA URCHINS.....................INVERTEBRATES ARE ANIMALS THAT DON'T HAVE A BACKBONE.

GREEN SEA URCHIN...VANCOUVER ISLANDBLUE SEA URCHIN....................CHANNEL ISLAND
PENCIL SPINED URCHINS OF KINDOM REEF........................................
RED SEA URCHINS ARE HAZARDOUS TO SWIMMERS...........BRITISH COLUMBIA

OCEANS COVER 3/4 OF THE EARTH......................THERE ARE 700 SPECIES OF SEA URCHINS WORLDWIDE...............................................
SOME CULTURES THINK SEA URCHINS ARE DELICIOUS........................
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.......................RIZZI

7 comments:

  1. WOW...those pictures are awesome. Such color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen these. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these little guys....thanks for sharing...I never realized they came in so many colours...next time I am on the Island I will be looking for some. xoxoxo hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous colors! I'm glad you got your blog working again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! The colours are truly a work of art by our creator.
    Thanks for sharing...it was so NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC of you!

    Ciao Bella!


    CREATIVE CARNELINA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aunt Riz, sea urchins are so interesting! A few years ago we saw an exhibit about seahorses at the aquarium in Baltimore. So many different species of animals live in the ocean. Glad your blog is working again, didn't realize that you were having a problem with it. Thanks for stopping by my posts about our trip to Italy - I'm having fun sharing some of our experiences. Take care, xxoo Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete