HEARD ME AND HE WENT OUT AND BOUGHT ME MY FIRST OWL, I REMEMBER HIM SAYING HE BOUGHT IT AT BAMBERGER'S, KNOWN TODAY AS MACY'S. I THINK IT COST $35.00. HOW MUCH I LOVED IT. I KEPT THAY OWL, THEN A FEW YEARS WENT BY AND I RECEIVED A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL, IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL OWL BY LENOX, FROM BOB. AS THE YEARS WENT BY BOB WOULD SEND ME ALL DIFFERENT KIND OF BEAUTIFUL OWLS. I MUST HAVE HAD ABOUT 30 OWLS. THROUGH THE YEARS SOME GOT BROKEN MOVING TO A NEW HOUSE, AND I GAVE SOME TO MY SISTER'S, AND MY DAUGHTER'S. I WAS CLEANING OUT MY CHINA CABINET AND THERE THEY WERE, MY OWLS.
THERE WERE 10 LEFT, SO I DIVIDED THEM UP AND GAVE THEM TO MY TWIN GRANDDAUGHTER'S MATTIE, AND MAKAYLA. WITH THE NEW MOVIE COMING OUT WITH THE OWLS, THEY JUST LOVED THEM.
MY FIRST OWL FROM BOB...................................
HE LOOKS SO LOST I HAD TO KEEP HIM TOO......................
Hi Rizzi!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely collection you have!!! It is said here in Brazil owls bring us luck and bright thoughts!!!! So YOU are a lucky and bright girl, Rizzi!!!!!
I do like owls too! They are mysterious and charming!!
Have a sweet Wednesday, dear Rizzi!!! Bela.
Hi Aunt Riz, what a beautiful collection! Uncle Bob was a sweet man, how nice to have this collection to remember him by. I'm glad that the girls like them so much. Heading off to work today and then over to see your big brother and bring him some oatmeal cookies. Ciao, bella!
ReplyDeleteDear Rizzi
ReplyDeleteI adore your owls, you have such a lovely collection! I think my favorite is the second one down, he does look a bit lost and sad but I'm betting he is very happy to be part of your family!!
Your granddaughters must have so much fun with you and all your special treasures!
xx
Bunny
PS, I know you are super busy but perhaps after the holidays if you feel up to it and have the time I was wondering if you might like to do a few illustrations on my second children's book....we only have a few and you could really bring him to life!! Think it over and let me know, it can wait until whenever you feel up to it and have the time.
Oh Moving can be such a pain sometimes, eh! I HATE LOSING MY FAVOURITE THINGS TO A BREAK DURING A MOVE!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love owls too...and I don't know if you remember my owl painting, but it was the most fun I have ever had painting birds! There eyes are so intriguing to me!
I'm sure your grandchildren were thrilled to receive such a sweet gift from you...they will treasure it and always think of you each time they look upon them...!!!!
They'll say...WHo Who WHO did I get that from...?
oh ya...my grandmother!!!!
ciao bella
CREATIVE CARMELINA
your brother was very thoughtful to send you the owls. i think that sharing with your family some of the owls, is wonderful. rose
ReplyDeleteLove your owl collection..thank you for sharing..I think owls are making a comeback..I see them everywhere!
ReplyDeleteThursday hugs to you my friend. xoxo
I've always loved your owl collection. HOw nice that the girls can enjoy them now. I found a blog that is hosting a "silhouette" party. You have a nice collection of those, too. Here's the link if you want to join in:
ReplyDeletehttp://thisblessednest.blogspot.com/
Have a good weekend:)
xo
Wow! What a nice collection of owls! It's funny, I was just putting one of my big owl figurines on top of a bookcase today. I inherited my mother-in-law's collection of owls. Our craft room reveal is today, hope you can stop by for a visit. Have a beautiful weekend! Twyla
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful Rizzi! I love owls too. They are an amazing bird. I am so glad your grand daughters enjoy them too. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your weekend. :)
Hugs,
Heather
Oh, how sweet! I loved hearing the story of your owls and how you have shared them with the "girls" in your family! The first owl is the dearest, I suspect! How lovely and dear!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a blessed day filled with friendship and love!
Coralie