OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Monday, October 4, 2010

GETTING STARTED

HI EVERYONE, I WAS TRYING TO GET SOME OF MY CRAFTS STARTED FOR THE CRAFT FAIR IN DECEMBER.
YEARS AGO I MADE SO MANY CRAFTS, I STARTED WITH WOOD, I WOULD CUT OUT SANTA CLAUS, SNOWMEN, CHRISTMAS TREES, YOU NAME IT I CUT IT OUT, SANDED THEM ALL, I WOULD DRAW ON THE PATTERN, OR SOMETIMES I WOULD CHEAT AND TRACE IT ON. THEN I WOULD PAINT IT, SPRAY IT WITH A SATIN FINISH, AND
THEY SOLD LIKE HOT CAKES. THAT'S OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO. I STARTED TO MAKE CARDS, THEY DID FAIRLY WELL, WREATHS, AFGHANS, ANGELS, SO MANY I LOST TRACK, BUT I ENJOYED DOING IT. BUT......................
NOW, IT'S LIKE PULLING TEETH, MY HANDS DON'T WORK LIKE THEY DID TWENTY YEARS AGO, BUT...............
I'M HANGING IN, AND DOING MY BEST.
HERE IS A CARD I MADE, I ALSO DECORATED THE INSIDE................................................................




I ALSO MADE PACKAGES OF NOTE CARDS, I DIDN'T DRAW OR PAINT THE LIGHTHOUSES, BUT THEY CAME OUT REAL NICE.

REMEMBER MY FLOWER PRESS, WELL,
I BOUGHT A SHADOWBOX FRAME.......................
AND, FRAMED THE QUEEN ANNE'S LACE. I GAVE IT TO MY DAUGHTER JACKIE TO HANG IN HER TEA ROOM. (AS WE CALL IT) I HAD A HARD TIME TAKING THE PICTURE, BECAUSE OF THE GLASS.
THAT IS WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED THESE LAST FEW DAYS, BESIDES SHOPPING, AND GOING OUT TO LUNCH.
NOW I MUST GO AND CATCH UP ON ALL YOUR BLOGS.
HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI


















7 comments:

  1. What lovely moments these while reading your writings, dear Rizzi!!! You write soooo well! I laugh and figure how wonderful would that be if I could listen to all those words directly from you on a conversation!!!!

    Your artwork is unique!! I can see all you do comes from heart!

    Spring is wet and cold around here, sweet friend! Tea & sewing is what I feel like doing!!!

    Kisses and more more kisses!!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rizzi...your cards look so sweet. The puppy is adorable and the lighthouses are fabulous.
    Your flowers turned out nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Aunt Riz! I wish I lived closer because I'd help out with those crafts. I remember when I was younger - the glitter and glue would always come out around the holidays. I've got to get back into making gifts for people - last year I made marmalade and it turned out great, it's your big brother's favorite! I love all of the cards you posted - that puppy is adorable and the lighthouse cards look so professional. Ciao,bella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rizzi, I think you are doing fabulously! Love everything you made and that shadowbox with Queen Anne's lace is inspired!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rizzi,

    You are incredibly talented and creative! I love the pressed flowers that you framed. I also can't get over how sweet the dog card at the top is :)!
    How/where did you learn all this, you must be naturally creative.
    Did you ever try and publish your childrens book, it was wonderful! I wish I were. a better illustrator, I would love to add more drawings to my books....you have a gift,
    Wishing you a lovely day
    Xx
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunt Riz, the puppy card is so adorable. You are such an inspiration. I love the shadow box with the Queen Anne's lace, that is a terrific idea. I need to get out all of my fabric and come up with some new ideas. The fall season is a good time to start such projects. I hope you're having a great day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are all beautiful. you still have the touch of doing beautiful work. rose

    ReplyDelete