OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

THE SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD


A GROUP OF STUDENTS WERE ASKED TO LIST WHAT THEY THOUGHT WERE THE "SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD."
THOUGH THERE WERE SOME DISAGREEMENTS, THE FOLLOWING RECEIVED THE MOST VOTES.

1...THE GREAT PYRAMIDS
2...TAJ MAHAL
3...GRAND CANYON
4...PANAMA CANAL
5...EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
6...ST. PETERS BASILICA
7...GREAT WALL OF CHINA

WHILE GATHERING THE VOTES, THE TEACHER NOTED THAT ONE STUDENT HAD NOT FINISHED HER PAPER YET, SO SHE ASKED THE GIRL IF SHE WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH HER LIST. THE GIRL REPLIED "YES, A LITTLE. I COULDN'T QUITE MAKEUP MY MIND BECAUSE THERE WERE SO MANY."
THE TEACHER SAID " WELL TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE, AND MAYBE WE CAN HELP." THE GIRL HESITATED, THEN READ:

I THINK THE SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD ARE:
1...TO SEE
2...TO HEAR
3...TO TOUCH
4...TO CRY
5...TO FEEL
6...TO LAUGH
7...TO LOVE

THE ROOM WAS SO QUITE YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP.

THE THINGS WE OVERLOOK AS SIMPLE AND ORDINARY AND THAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED ARE TRULY WONDROUS!

6 comments:

  1. My new friend, as I read your 'simple and elegant' posting, I was reminded of the set of books that I've been reading of late.

    Perhaps you've read them, but in the event you haven't, may I recommend the Alexander McCall Smith series, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. Set in the African country, Botswana, the chief detective, Mme. Ratmotswe often ponders that it's the simple and small things that really matter in the end.

    And as I grew older, I'm beginning to see and agree.........

    So thanks for the thoughts to ponder.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rizzi darling what a lovely post. You always come up with the most interesting of posts. Luv, thank you so much for that lovely compliment. Being chosen along with your sister to take tea with is a huge honour for me. Love you my dear friend.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this today..I have read this before somewhere. Hope you are having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts. There are wonders all around us. I just saw on the news a clip of New Jersey and all the snow you're getting! It's been a long winter for you. We still have snow on the ground and more coming this weekend. I love it, but still looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aunt Riz!
    I hear you are getting even more snow!! You must be so ready for spring! When are you and Jackie doing your show again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, thanks for sharing it.
    Sandy
    inviting all my friends from Sandy's Space to come visiting me on Traveling Suitcase, help me celebrate and enter the contest.

    ReplyDelete