OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MY FLOWER PRESS

LOOK WHAT I FOUND WHEN I WAS CLEANING OUT MY LAST BOX OF GOODIES, MY FLOWER PRESS WHICH I BOUGHT LAST YEAR AND NEVER USED IT. I AM SO EXCITED TO GET STARTED, I NEVER PRESSED FLOWERS
WITH A FLOWER PRESS, JUST A BOOK. I GUESS IT IS THE SAME, THE PRESS IS PRETTIER.


INSTRUCTIONS
THEY SHOW YOU DIFFERENT FLOWERS YOU CAN PRESS.


HERE IS MY PRESS, ISN'T SHE A BEAUTY. THERE ARE PAPERS INSIDE FOR PRESSING THE FLOWERS. AS SOON AS THE RAIN STOPS, AND ALL THE FLOWERS DRY, I WILL
BEGIN MY PRESSING.

WE ARE FINALLY GETTING RAIN, WHICH WE NEED, EVERYTHING IN NJ IS DRYING OUT. SO UNTIL THE SUN COMES OUT, HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI



5 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Riz, oh, this looks like fun! What a great feeling it is to find a treasure like that - have fun and show us some of your dried flowers! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! yes this is so much prettier! and I want one...maybe I'll get the hubby to make me one with velcro just like it and I'll paint the top or something!

    you'd better get pressing some pretty flowers now.....can't wait to see what you create!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. have never seen a press. i think flowers pressed can be used in a no of ways to add to a craft idea.they look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done that before even with a book, but am anxious to see what you come up with. Mom hung flowers to dry them before, but I don't remember her pressing them.

    Very cool find
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so so lovely...I love to press flowers..I usually just use a big fat book!
    Enjoy your pressing.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete