OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

NESTING

EVERY YEAR WE HAVE A NEST ON OUR LAMP POST AND WATCH THE MOTHER AND FATHER BIRDS TAKE CARE OF THE EGGS....AND WHEN THE BABIES ARE HATCHED
BOTH MOTHER AND FATHER ARE CONSTANTLY FLYING BACK AND FORTH
WITH FOOD FOR THEM


THIS IS THE FATHER BIRD GUARDING HIS FAMILY

THEY ARE SO WELL PROTECTED FROM BAD WEATHER AND HIGH ENOUGH THAT THE CATS CAN'T GET TO THEIR BABIES

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...............................................................RIZZI

9 comments:

  1. I had this same scenario and the naughty cat from across the street climbed my clematis and got them. I'm glad they can't climb up to yours Rizzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of the nest that was hidden behind a lamp at the house I was staying in when I was in Wisconsin last year. A perfect place for the babies!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I had to hang a bird house from the house because a pair of sparrows insisted on nesting inside the air conditioning wires that are covered! It is up high under the overhang. I think they felt protected too. My hubby shoved a board in the space and over a couple days they had worked it out! We had to get resourceful. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just happened on your blog and love it! We also love watching the birds in and around our yard and anticipate the new babies in the nests each spring. Thanks for this lovely post. Isn't this a lovely time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Rizzi Sweetie...
    You just never know where the Momma and Daddy birds are going to build their safe haven. I know they watch our coming and goings and it helps them decide, and they like being close to us, as we chase over the bad critters as well.

    It probably even provides a little warmth when the light is on.

    I just love it Rizzi. Thank you for sharing dear friend. Have a glorious Wednesday.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing to be able to see this, a gift.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rizzi,
    Last year the same thing happened on my porch. It sure is fun to watch the goings on with the birds. but I had to make sure everyone used the back porch so not to disturb them!
    Have a good evening,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you can join in tomorrow Rizzi for Tea in the Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rizzi,

    They have created quite a nice spot for themselves! We have a nest right outside our den window and our cat loves to watch the Robins come and go. I do keep the blinds closed so they don't get stressed.

    ReplyDelete