OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Thursday, August 11, 2011

TEA IN THE GARDEN ON SATURDAY WITH BERNIDEEN

IF YOU ARE COLD, TEA WILL WARM YOU
IF YOU ARE TOO HEATED, IT WILL COOL YOU
IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED, IT WILL CHEER YOU
IF YOU ARE EXCITED, IT WILL CALM YOU

GLADSTONE 1865





TODAY I AM DOING TEA IN THE GARDEN ON MY PORCH, WE HAVE VERY PRETTY POTTED FLOWERS, AND FLOWERS AT A TEA PARTY IS A MUST...............



TEA IS A CUP OF LIFE........................AUTHOR UNKNOWN



WE ARE HAVING AFTERNOON TEA WITH SOME VERY NICE SWEET TREATS
I LOVE THE SEA, SO MY DECOR FOR MY TABLE ARE STAR FISH, MERMAIDS, SHELLS, AND A PIECE OF VERY PRETTY LIGHT BLUE CORAL.......................



SUNFLOWERS TO BRIGHTEN THE DAY, AND SHELLS, THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST LOVE ALL KINDS OF SHELLS.



TEA BISCUITS WARMED IN THE OVEN AND STRAWBERRY JAM ........SO DELICIOUS



MY NEW TEA SET FROM MY DAUGHTER JACKIE...........SO DAINTY



MADELEINE'S....A FRENCH CAKE/COOKIE....SO LOVELY....LIKE A SHELL FROM THE SEA



PRETTY PINK FLOWERS




EMBROIDERY TABLE CLOTH, WITH A LACE TOP PIECE



SPRINGERLE COOKIES.....SPRINGERLE MOLDS FIRST CAME TO LANCASTER COUNTY CIRCA IN 1710 AMONG THE MOST TREASURED POSSESSIONS OF THE PENNSYLVANIA GERMAN IMMIGRANTS. FOR OVER A THOUSAND YEARS IN EUROPE, HAND-CARVED MOLDS HAVE BEEN USED TO IMPRINT "PICTURE COOKIES." THEIR FLAVORS ARE TRADITIONAL ANISE,VANILLA, ORANGE, LEMON, CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY.
JACKIE BROUGHT ME THE COOKIES FROM AMISH COUNTRY, SHE ALSO BOUGHT HERSELF THE MOLDS TO MAKE THEM. SHE IS A GREAT BAKER, AND CANDY MAKER.
THIS ONE IS GREAT FOR TEA PARTIES





TEA IN THE AFTERNOON, WITH FINE CHINA TEAPOT AND CUPS MAKES A NICE DAY





TEA BISCUITS AND STRAWBERRY JAM












MY LITTLE TEABAG CARRIER






WELL, IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CUP OF TEA, SIT AND POUR YOURSELF A CUP, AND HAVE A MADELEINE, OR A TEA BISCUIT WITH STRAWBERRY JAM.........I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF, COME BACK AND VISIT ME AGAIN............................RIZZI

TEA IN THE GARDEN ON SATURDAY WITH BERNIDEEN IS SO LOVELY................



10 comments:

  1. Oh waht a beautiful tea party and all the way to New Jersey - I just love it all! Especially the madeleines! Thanks Rizzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rizzi,

    Everything looks delicious and you have set a wonderful tea table. I just love those Springerle cookies and molds - how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tea. The springerly cookies are so pretty! I have a mold for some, but only tried it once and I think the dough needed more flour because the pattern melted:(

    I will be right over for tea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea table is very pretty - love the theme. Those springerle cookies are lovely and the tea biscuits look yummy. The china your daughter gave you is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On my way. Keep my cup warm. All the yummy treats make tea a lot more fun...and pretty. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rizzi, everything is looking so bright and colorful and beautiful over there. Your tea party is delightful. Your new teaset is so pretty -- I love blue and white patterns. And the Springerles are fantastic! What a sweet treat. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed joining you for tea today, your table is set very nicely to welcome guests. The pink biscuit with the teapot on is adorable and perfect to serve with tea and madeleines are a favourite. I haven't made any for awhile because I usually eat them all myself. :-)
    The tablecloth and lace topper set off the blue in your new china from your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies are so unique and pretty, it would be hard to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rizzi, my dear, these images are awesome!!!! I love them all!!! I love madeleines too!!
    I send you many kisses!!!
    Bela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teacup collection is simply superb! You have such a way of adding an air of romance with the lace and vintage accents. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete