OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EARTHQUAKE

EARTHQUAKE JOLTS NEW JERSEY



YES..........THE WASHINGTON DC / MINERAL, VA. EARTHQUAKE STOPPED BY NEW JERSEY TO SAY "HELLO"...................................I WAS HAVING TEA WITH JACKIE,WHEN THE HOUSE STARTED TO RUMBLE, AND MY CHINA CLOSET STARTED CLINKING, AND THEN THINGS STARTED FALLING. IT WAS SCARY, THANK GOD THIS EARTHQUAKE DID NOT DO ANY DAMAGE. I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE TO EXPERIENCE ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN. HOPE ALL MY BLOGGER FRIENDS ARE WELL, AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU FELT THAT EARTHQUAKE TOO. HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rizzi,

    I'm glad you and your home are alright. We felt the earthquake here in New York. My husband knew right away what it was - I had to stop and think for a minute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no sweet friend... earthquakes can be scary..we get them here too.

    Glad to hear you are all fine. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Winchester,VA. I went to my Mom's property to mow in Luray, VA which is 72 miles North of Mineral, VA. I was taking a break from mowing and sitting in a folding chair in the front yard, by the front porch, talking to my son on the cell phone. I started feeling the chair move and I thought, it's not that windy. Then I thought, I'm not nervous...I then heard the front door to my Mom's house shake and I was a rocking in my chair! I started telling my son, Oh My God, it's an earthquake! He thought I was crazy! I jumped up put of my chair and looked at the house and the door and the windows were all shaking! People were running outside and kids were screaming and crying from being scared. No damage, but what a ride! My son thought he was going to have to take me to the hospital! hahaha Then he saw things in his house moving and he knew I wasn't nuts! He lives in Martinsburg, WV. I finally got the yard done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rizzi, so glad you are all okay. It must have been a bit scary to feel the shaking going on. Now there is Hurricane Irene that is going to hit at some point. Take care! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are ok and no broken sea shells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we heard the news here in Brazil. We also heard that it was a scare, but nothing serious happened. I've never experienced anything like that, but it must be very frightening, even if mild. Glad all is well! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! We do not have these natural disasters, thanks God!! I am happy you are all right, dear Rizzi!
    LOve, Bela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are okay Rizzi, Have a shake free weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete