THIS IS MY GRANDMA.......HER NAME IS JENNY GASSNER.......YESTERDAY FEBRUARY 9TH, WAS HER BIRTHDAY..........SHE DIED MANY MANY YEARS AGO............SHE LIVED TO BE 96 YEARS OLD.........SHE ALSO LOVED THE OCEAN.......SHE LIVED IN SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ FOR YEARS..........SHE HAD A FEW BUNGALOWS THAT SHE RENTED OUT DURING THE SUMMER SEASON..........I REMEMBER AS A CHILD MY SISTER AND I WOULD TAKE 2 BUSES TO ORANGE, NJ..........SHE HAD A HOUSE THERE TOO............WE WOULD HELP HER CLEAN THE HOUSE..........I REMEMBER I SLEPT OVER ONE NIGHT.....AND THE NEXT MORNING SHE WOULD SAY.....HOW ABOUT SOME BREAKFAST.....I HAVE EGGS, PANCAKES, FRENCH TOAST, BACON, SAUSAGE, OR CEREAL....I WOULD SAY OK.............WHEN I GOT TO THE TABLE THERE WAS......EGGS, PANCAKES, FRENCH TOAST, BACON, SAUSAGE, AND A BOX OF CEREAL..........SHE WAS SOMETHING.........SHE WAS ABOUT 5 FEET TALL AS SHE WAS ROUND..........AND SHE ALWAYS SMELLED REAL GOOD.........SHE HAD A LITTLE WHITE AND BLACK DOG NAMED PEGGY.........SHE NEVER STOPPED BARKING.......EVERY FEBRUARY MY MOM WOULD GIVE HER A BIG VALENTINE BIRTHDAY PARTY...........I REMEMBER THE PINK PLASTIC PARTY BASKETS FILLED WITH VALENTINE CANDY.........WE HAD SO MUCH FUN......ALL GOOD MEMORIES........
THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN AT MY WEDDING 50 YRS AGO..........
She sounds amazing. So nice to hear about how special she was. I bet she has inspired you to be the wonderful Grandmother you are!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend,
Meredith
Such sweet memories Rizzie. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs~
What a sweet story. She sounds like a wonderful woman. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete-Lynn
I loved hearing about your Grandmother! I lift a cup of tea to her today!
ReplyDeleteI vaguely remember Grandma, so it's nice to hear stories about her. I remember Grandpa and how he smoked a pipe:)
ReplyDeleteLove the memories...that's what I'm doing today...remembering my grams. She died yesterday morning and aren't the memories sweet. We will keep them close to our hearts-Grams are so special!!
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet memories...I so remember my Grandma...isn't it nice to have these memories? Sending you oooodles of love for a very sweet Valentine's day my friend. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHello my darling Rizzi,
ReplyDeleteLuv, I want to thank you for your friendship, for your kind and sweet comments and for your sincere good wishes and prayers. You are one of a kind and I am ever so blessed to have you as a friend.
Happy Valentine's Day to you my darling Rizzi
xoxoxo
Duchess