OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Friday, February 18, 2011





HI, SOME WILL SAY, OH MY...ST. PATRICK'S

DAY ALREADY.....AND SOME WILL JUST SMILE. THE HOLIDAYS GO BY SO VERY QUICKLY, YOU HAVE NO TIME TO ENJOY THEM. SO I GAVE MYSELF A HEAD START. I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF ST. PATRICK'S DAY AND COOKING CORNED BEEF, AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS. YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS IN MY TWENTIES EVERY ST. PATRICK'S DAY WE WOULD GO TO THE PARADE, AND THEN WE WOULD ALL GO TO MC GOVERNS PUB. THERE WOULD BE THE SMELL OF CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE, AND IRISH MUSIC. EVERYONE WOULD BE DANCING, AND HAVING A MERRY OLD TIME. THEY EVEN HAD GREEN BEER. MC GOVERNS IS GONE NOW, ALL 7 OF MY BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S WERE THERE THROUGH THE YEARS. TWO OF MY BROTHER'S MET THEIR WIVES AND TWO OF MY SISTER'S MET THEIR HUSBANDS THERE. BRINGS BACK A LOT OF GOOD MEMORIES. HAVE A GREAT DAY. RIZZI

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of celebrating memories...nostalgia is one of my passions! lol

    thanks for your sweet comment today..you really are so sweet to me!
    hope you have a great weekend...

    ciao bella

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of St.Pat's Day too-my grams said she wanted her nails painted green today for St. Pat's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE, STOP THE PRESSES,
    McGovern's is still there, the back is there so is the mahoney bar with the cold beer and the atmosphere is still friendly inviting.

    Erin Go Brah (Ireland For Ever)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold it, stop the presses,

    McGovern's is alive and well, I was there just the other day,the back room is now a restaurant, the mohaney bar still serves cold beer and the atmosphere is warm and inviting.

    Himself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I am loving you sweet St. Paddy's day blog my friend...what JOY. Sending you love and hugs for a great weekend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI DICK,
    THAT'S GREAT NEWS, I REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS CLOSED DOWN.
    WE SHOULD HAVE A FAMILY REUNION THERE, ANDY WOULD LOVE IT. DO THEY STILL HAVE THE SAME IRISH BAND, THEY WERE SOMETHING. HAVE A BEER ON ME.
    RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  7. A family reunion there would be a great idea! Which of the uncles met their wives there? Love your St. Paddy's day theme, Aunt Riz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! Time is flying. I never did get all of the projects done that I had in mind for any of the holidays. Always good to plan ahead and get a head start. Best wishes, Tammy (I'll take one of those green beers :)

    ReplyDelete