OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

CHRISTMAS COOKIES............YUMMY!





CHRISTMAS COOKIES, THEY ARE SUCH A TREAT. I LOVE BAKING CHRISTMAS COOKIES, NOT AS MANY AS I USED TO BAKE. YEARS AGO [1940'S] MY MOM BAKED EVERY CHRISTMAS COOKIE YOU COULD THINK OF. SHE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST 8 TRAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES PILED AT LEAST 6 INCHES HIGH COVERED WITH A DISH TOWEL. THEN SHE WOULD PACK THEM IN COOKIE TINS. EVERYBODY WE NEW GOT HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS COOKIES. THEY WERE SOOOOO GOOD. WE WOULD SIT DOWN AT THE KITCHEN TABLE AND HAVE A NICE HOT CUP OF TEA, AND CHRISTMAS COOKIES. I HAD 4 BROTHER'S, AND 2 SISTER'S THERE WERE 7 OF US, AND WE ATE A LOT OF COOKIES. THE MEMORIES OF THOSE DAYS ARE SO GREAT.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY..........RIZZI











4 comments:

  1. These all look sooo good. I wish I could decorate cut-out cookies like this. They're my favorite kind, but mine don't look as good as these do:(

    I always love hearing the stories about you and Mom and the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet memories...I too love to bake Christmas cookies...such a nice tradition. I want to thank you for your caring comment that you left on my blog the other day..your sweet words were just what I needed. We so miss our Rosie...give your pups a hug from me. Thank you again for your sweetness my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Riz, I love how you made it snow on your blog! You'll have to tell me how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a person who doesn't make Christmas cookies, I am in awe of how beautiful your's are. I've just never enjoyed baking and it's been YEARS since I've baked Christmas Cookies. Now, I do enjoy eatting them, but most of my family bake only a few as it seems everyone tries to control the sweets.

    You're an artist.

    Merry Christmas
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete