OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Sunday, November 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNE................


YESTERDAY (11-14-09) WAS MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY. SHE WAS 45 YRS OLD (SHHH DON'T LET HER KNOW I TOLD YOU) JEANNE LOVES ITALIAN FOOD, SO MY OLDEST DAUGHTER JACKIE MADE HER A DELICIOUS ITALIAN DINNER, FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH SHRIMP, BAKED ZITI, MEATBALLS, SALAD, BREAD STICKS, AND GARLIC BREAD. SHE OPENED ALL HER GIFTS, SHE LOVED THEM , THEN WE HAD BIRTHDAY CAKE AND ICE CREAM, OF COURSE, WE SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHE MADE A WISH, AND BLEW OUT THE CANDLES, AND (TRADITION) SHE CUT THE FIRST PIECE OF CAKE. IT WAS A LOT OF FUN GETTING ALL TOGETHER.










A HAPPY OCCASION BRINGS FAMILY TOGETHER, AFTER DESSERT WE SAT AROUND AND TALKED, IT BROUGHT BACK SO MANY MEMORIES. WHEN MY CHILDREN WERE YOUNGER MY SISTER MARY AND HER 5 CHILDREN, AND ME AND MY 4 CHILDREN, (THAT WAS A PARTY BY ITSELF)WE WOULD GO TO A PLACE CALLED FARREL'S, IN EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ AND HAD OUR BIRTHDAY PARTIES THERE, WHO'S EVER BIRTHDAY IT WAS GOT A FREE SUNDAY, AND ALL THE WAITRESSES AND WAITERS SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY. ON THE WAY OUT, THERE WAS A HUGE CANDY SHOP, AND EACH CHILD WAS ALLOWED TO PICK THEIR OWN CANDY. WE DID THAT FOR YEARS, THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN. WE ALSO MADE PLANS FOR THANKSGIVING, AND THE CONVERSATION ROLLED RIGHT INTO CHRISTMAS. IT WAS A GREAT DAY.
WE HAD A BIG FROST A FEW DAYS AGO, ALL OUR FLOWERS ARE GONE, EVEN THE COLD WEATHER. WE NOW HAVE INDIAN SUMMER, IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE. IT RAINED ALL WEEK, BUT NOW THE SUN IS OUT, AND IT IS WARM. THE BEES ARE BACK, AND THE MOTHS TOO. HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD WEEKEND.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY..........RIZZI

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated to your daughter (we're the same age!) :) Sounds like you guys all had a wonderful time getting together to celebrate.

    So sorry the frost got all of your flowers, but hopefully you have something else lovely to look at, like birds :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very nice day. I knew Jackie would make something special. It all sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Riz!
    I loooove your blog! It's just so fun to read. Happy Birthday to Jeanne! I remember those trips to Farrel's -- oh the good ol days! I have so many great memories from them -- Ocean County Fair, the Disney movies at the theatre, sleeping over at your house. You're on my list of favorite blogs now! Hope to get back East soon and see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello darling and thank you for visiting my cottage, for the kind words you left behind, much appreciated.

    You have a lovely blog full of interesting posts and beautiful photos. I looked for a follower option to join your followers, but didn’t see one, regardless; I too will follow your blog. I also would like to wish your daughter a healthy, happy and very wealthy belated birthday and more for years to come.

    I am looking forward to taking tea with you soon.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rizzi darling, I am having a sleepless night so I am able to catch up with all my emails. Darling, I too have placed a link to your blog on my beau-tea-ful friends blog. As for followers, I meant the option to add the button so that people can click and add their blog so that you can see who is following you.

    For this you need to go to your blog and sign in, then you need to click on "Customized" and when a new page opens you click on "Add a Gadget" . The first thing you will see is a "Follower" button click to add that to your blog. Now when people come to your blog they can join your followers and you can do the same when you visit their blog.

    If you decide to add this option, I will proudly join to be your follower #1.

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete