OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Sunday, February 19, 2012

PRESIDENTS DAY

MONDAY.....FEBRUARY 20, 2012 IS PRESIDENTS DAY

I REMEMBER AS A KID IN SCHOOL GEORGE WASHINGTON AND ABRAHAM LINCOLN WERE ALWAYS THE TWO PRESIDENTS THAT WERE MENTIONED...BACK THEN WE WERE OFF TWO DAYS....THE 12TH AND THE 22ND.........NOW THEY CALL IT PRESIDENTS DAY AND THE KIDS ARE OFF ONE DAY........



OATH OF OFFICE................1860







GEORGE WASHINGTON AND HIS WIFE MARTHA




OATH OF OFFICE............................1789

GOD BLESS AMERICA


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY...................................................................................RIZZI

7 comments:

  1. Perfect Rizzi. Our kids are not even off tomorrow, they are off Friday instead. Crazy isn't it?
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly have zero recollection of anything being done for President's Day when I was growing up. Of course, for us here, it was just another day -- but we have a 4-day weekend coming up for Kuwait's National/Liberation Days. Woohoo! Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the original intention of the day was to link together the two February birthdays of Lincoln and Washington into one day. So, in my mind, it's still about them.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely -takes me back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Canada we have Victoria Day..after Queen Victoria...our connection on the British Common Wealth. ...love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should have been a banker to get off all those holidays, working retail were only closed three days a year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rizzi
    I enjoyed all your photos very much especially the one of the washingtons. I hope you have had a nice Winter! Your Valentines post is wonderful
    Xoxo
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete