GLASS BECOMES SEA GLASS OR BEACH GLASS WHEN:
A PIECE OF GLASS HAS BEEN TUMBLED BY NATURAL WAVE ACTION TO THE POINT WHERE THERE ARE NO SHARPLY-DEFINED EDGES OR CORNERS, AND THE NATURAL ACTION OF ELEMENTS IN THE WATER ALONG WITH THE SUNLIGHT AND TUMBLING ACTION HAVE PRODUCED A UNIQUE FROSTED OR ETCHED SURFACE COVERING ALL SIDES OF THE GLASS. IF THESE TWO FACTORS ARE NOT PRESENT, IT IS JUST GLASS SHARD, NO MATTER WHERE IT IS FOUND.
THE TERM "BEACH GLASS" IS MORE GENERAL AND INCLUDES NATURALLY-TUMBLED GLASS THAT IS FOUND ON FRESHWATER BEACHES AS WELL AS OCEAN BEACHES.


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY..........................................................RIZZI
I love sea glass, Rizzi. I have a few pieces of it and would love to have more. The colors are so wonderful!
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia
Oh I wish I lived closer to the sea...I would love to collect a hole jar of this lovely glass. Hope you are well my friend. xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo pretty these images, dear Rizzi!!! I love all the sea pictures you always bring!!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you! Bela
Hi Rizzi, I'm glad to see you are crocheting. I want to start something new too even though I have a million other things I could be doing and projects left undone.
ReplyDeleteI have a few bits of sea glass. I think it is so pretty. Haven't seen that orangey color before.
Hope you are having a good day. Tammy
Dear Rizzi, thanks for your visits and for their kindness in my blog! These images are beautiful. Amazing what the sea makes with glass pieces! Hugs, Marion
ReplyDelete