OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Friday, August 19, 2011

TEA IN THE GARDEN ON SATURDAY..................WITH BERNIDEEN



TODAY I TRIED TO GET THE VINTAGE LOOK, HAVING TEA ON AN OLD WEATHERED BENCH WAS PERFECT. IT WAS IN THE SHADE AND IT WAS COOL UNDER THE TREES.
I LOVE THIS TEA SET, IT SAYS HAVE A CUP OF TEA. THE ROSES ARE SO LOVELY.







"POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON" WAS PUBLISHED IN 1797. THE ORIGIN OF "POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON" WAS BASED ON THE AUTHOR HAVING FIVE CHILDREN, TWO BOYS, AND THREE GIRLS. THERE WERE CONSTANT ARGUMENTS AS THE BOYS WANTED TO PLAY SOLDIERS AND THE GIRLS WANTED TO PLAY HOUSE. WHEN THE GIRLS WANTED TO PLAY WITHOUT THEIR BROTHERS THEY WOULD PRETEND TO START THE GAME OF TEA PARTY "POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON" AND THE DAUGHTER CALLED POLLY WOULD PUT THE TOY KETTLE ON. AS SOON AS THE BROTHERS LEFT, SUKEY (SUSAN) WOULD TAKE IT OFF AGAIN. THEIR FATHER WAS SO AMUSED BY THIS PLOY THAT HE SET IT TO WORDS AND ADDED THE MUSIC WHICH WERE SUBSEQUENTLY PUBLISHED.


POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON,
POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON,
POLLY PUT THE KETTLE ON,
WE'LL ALL HAVE TEA.

SUKEY TAKE IT OFF AGAIN,
SUKEY TAKE IT OFF AGAIN,
SUKEY TAKE IT OFF AGAIN,
THEY'VE ALL GONE AWAY.

SO HERE WE ARE HAVING TEA IN THE GARDEN , RELAXING ON AN OLD VINTAGE BENCH.

MY LITTLE FRIEND MAGGIE MOUSE AND HER TWO CHILDREN STOPPED BY FOR A CUP OF TEA, AND .............OH MY..........THE CHEESE PLATE.

COME SIT A WHILE AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA.
BILLY MOUSE REALLY LIKES THAT CHEESE, HIS SISTER JENNY KNOWS HER MANNERS.


I HOPE YOU HAD A CUP OF TEA AND A CRACKER WITH SMOKED GOUDA.......IT WAS SO NICE YOU STOPPED BY. PLEASE COME AGAIN. RIZZI




13 comments:

  1. Oh my this is too cute for words - and Maggie Mouse too! What a lovely vignette Rizzi and I love your teaset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty setting, Rizzi. You really created a wonderful atmosphere in which to have tea. And you're making me hungry with the grapes and cheese!

    Beautiful.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rizzi,
    thank you for your sweet comment. I came to see your tea time and I am off with your wonderful china. Such a romantic rose decoration. You made a fabulous tea time on that bench with the beautiful flower bouquet. I don't mind that your Mouse with her children joins the party. It is so comfortable with the wonderful plaid in the shadow. Thank you for having me for tea.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rizzi
    You've set a sweet tea on your bench with friends and I am fond of crackers and cheese. I think we used to skip to Polly Put the Kettle On in grade school although I didn't know the story behind the song. Thanks for sharing.
    The wolf gift you received is very unique, great information too.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness I love Maggie mouse and her babies. I see why they liked the cheese so much. I do too. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet my friend...I wish I was having tea with you. Love your beautiful setting. Hugs to you...Polly put the Kettle on was always one of my favourites. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely spot for a cup of tea. Yum! Crackers and cheese and grapes. Can't go wrong with that combination. Your little mice friends are so cute. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this tea time post. The story behind Polly Put the Kettle On. The lovely vintage tea setting and Maggie mouse and her children. This is so lovely. I will be right over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Rizzi! I was happy with your visit! Your post is beautiful - I love tea. Here is cold and is great for hot tea. My English is not very good, but I'll always try, so I can train! I also can not walk with these high shoes - only my daughter! Hugs for you! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carinhosamente desejo a você
    um feliz final de semana.
    Creia você é muito importante para mim
    e lembre sempre.
    Deus não é nada do que você
    possa imaginar,ele é tudo que
    você pode amar sem medo.
    Bjs no seu coração,Evanir.
    Levando um pouco de você.
    E deixando um poco de Mim.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the setting for your tea. Of course the guest are very cute!

    Lovely teapot and cups...love the pink roses on them.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rizzi,

    Your vintage tea setting is gorgeous! I just love the roses on your set. I would love a piece of Gouda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Rizzi,
    What a beautiful post!
    I loved the outdoor setting and all the "ingredients" you used for tea...
    Hugs
    M.A.

    ReplyDelete