I STARTED MY LITTLE FIREPLACE, PUT ON A POT OF COFFEE, AND JUST SETTLED BACK IN MY BIG OLD CHAIR, IT FELT SO GOOD. I LOVE LOOKING AT THE RAIN AND LISTENING TO THE SOUND OF THE PITTER PATTER OF THE DROPS HITTING THE WINDOW PANE.
I REMEMBER AS A CHILD THE LITTLE POEMS AND SONGS THAT WE WOULD SING ABOUT THE RAIN...............IT'S RAINING, IT'S POURING, THE OLD MAN IS SNORING.
HE BUMPED HIS HEAD, AND HE WENT TO BED, AND HE COULDN'T GET UP IN THE MORNING.
THEN LATE THIS AFTERNOON THE SUN CAME OUT, IT WAS NICE TO SEE THE SUN AGAIN.........BUT IT WAS SO NICE LOOKING AND LISTENING TO THE RAIN.THE RAIN.....BY.....ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
THE RAIN IS RAINING ALL AROUND, IT FALLS ON FIELD
AND TREE.
IT RAINS ON THE UMBRELLA HERE, AND ON THE SHIPS AT SEA.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY........RIZZI
Sounds wonderful Rizzi. A good cup of coffee..nice sound of rain...maybe a nap then too. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs~
My favorite song when I was about 12 was "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head". I have a little jewelry box that used to play the song but sadly it stopped working but still holds jewelry. Have a terrific Tuesday. :) Tammy
ReplyDeleteHi Aunt Riz, thanks for stopping by my latest post! I loved the story about the pork chops - Mom must have been mortified! Wished we lived a bit closer so I could join you for a cup of tea on a rainy day! Love, AM
ReplyDeleteHi my friend...lots of rain here too...but I love the rain...makes everything so cozy. Great to bake when it is a rainy day. Hope all is well...xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty picture of the raindrops on the window. And the red tulips in the picture beside it. They shout out 'spring!'
ReplyDeleteYour fireplace and coffee sound so cozy. I would love to join you for a cup:)
Hi Rizzi
ReplyDeleteI was literallyl coming over to your blog when I saw your comment on my post it's always nice to hear from you !
I enjoyed your poems on rainy days.. I was singing away as I read them:)
The rain is cozy and a great reason to stay indoors and be warm and safe!
Hope you are well... And thanks for reading about Magdalena... She is young and has a lot to learn still !!!
Xx
Bunny
Oh yes! I remember those little poems from childhood...all the sweeter as the years go by! Thanks for sharing and have a FABULOUS day!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Coralie