OLD BARNEY

OLD BARNEY

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

MERMAIDS BY THE SEA

I DECIDED TO MAKE ANOTHER JOURNAL, I CALLED THIS ONE "MERMAIDS BY THE SEA," LOVING THE OCEAN, AND MERMAIDS LIKE I DO I REALLY ENJOYED MAKING THIS.

THIS IS THE COVER OF THE JOURNAL, I PAINTED IT MYSELF, MAKING IT LOOK LIKE THE SEA, AND THE BLUE SKIES, FRONT AND BACK.


I DON'T LIKE THE BOW THAT I PUT ON THE JOURNAL SO I AM GOING TO CHANGE IT TO WHITE THICK CORD, IT WILL LOOK MORE NAUTICLE.


I FOUND THIS MERMAID, GAVE HER SOME COLOR, CUT HER IN HALF AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHE IS IN THE WATER
SWIMMING.
THE PICTURES YOU WILL SEE NEXT ARE ON EVERY OTHER PAGE, THE BLANK PAGE IS FOR JOURNALING.




















IT IS HARD TO SEE BUT THIS IS MOTHER AND CHILD LAYING DOWN









































WELL, THAT IS THE LAST OF THE MERMAIDS. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED LOOKING AT MY JOURNAL. I AM WORKING ON ANOTHER ONE EXACTLY THE SAME .
HAVE A NICE DAY, AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.











17 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty pretty job, dear Rizzi!!! You know what? My little Aila has just watched Walt Disney Mermaid movie and she is absolutely in love with mermaids!! As she has passion for fish, with the mermaids was not different!!!
    You work is always so full of love, dear friend!
    Love!!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Riz, you little mermaid you! This is so pretty - where did you find those pictures of mermaids? They are really beautiful.
    Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journals are so pretty and will make a lovely gift. Great idea to decorate every other page and leave room for writing. Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rizzi! I love your detail! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mermaid with the unicorn is my favorite. It looks so magical. Beautiful job, Aunt Riz!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are one busy gal....your jourals are lovely! Have a great evening creating my friend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rizzi,
    So adorable, I would love to wander along the seashore one day and come across a mermaid!! Can you imagine, well your lovely journal certainly brings them to life on the colorful pages you created.
    The thick white cord will look nautical, You think of every detail :)
    Have a wonderful day
    xx
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm usually not a fan of mermaids, but your work is great. in looking at all of the things you have done, i envy you for your talent. thanks for your comment on my post re decorating rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello...

    Well it looks like someone's been a busy crafting beaver!
    I love your background blue water painting...it's just the perfect touch! well done....

    and why not make another when you're on such a roll? right!

    have a great night!

    ciao bella

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rizzi
    I tried to go on to your email but it was blocked?? I would like to purchase 2 of your journals for my nieces they are ages 4 and 3 1/2. I was thinking the Fairies and maybe something with horses or ponies if you have it. I also love the mermaid so that would be great!
    email me at theparishouse@comcast.net to let me know how much and where to mail your check.
    Thanks
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I do so love making journals and yours are wonderful! So inspiring and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!!!
    Have a sweet day and a wonderful week!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The journal is fabulous. I love the feel of it. Agree with you, white cord will look more nautical, the ribbon is a bit too fancy for the naturalness you've truly captured of the sea.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning my Friend...good news...you won my GIVEAWAY!!!! pop on over and see plus if you could email me your email address so I can pass it on to Kristy from Pixie Dust Paperie that would be great...I will let her know you are the winner and you can pop over there and do some shopping! xoxoxoxo
    {my email address is on my profile page of my blog} Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous journal! So inspirational, you are very creative :) Just wanted to drop by and say hi and that you have a lovely blog!

    - the runaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a sweet sweet weekend, dear friend Rizzi!!! May your days be filled with joy and much LOVE!!!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  16. have a great week, sweet Rizzi!!! Love!! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  17. jumping back thanks for your comment on my post re change. i, too sometimes want to standstill. have a good evening. rose

    ReplyDelete