I FINALLY FINISHED READING DR. FRAU. I READ IT MANY YEARS AGO, AND I ENJOYED IT SO MUCH I HAD TO READ IT AGAIN. THIS BOOK IS ABOUT A FAMILY DOCTOR, HER NAME IS GRACE KAISER, WHO LIVED IN LANCASTER, PA.
SHE TOOK CARE OF THE AMISH AND OLD ORDER OF THE MENNONITE PEOPLE. SHE DELIVERED BABIES,
ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT, FIXED BROKEN BONES, AND SO MUCH MORE. SHE WOULD BE ON CALL 24 HOURS A DAY.
IT WAS A VERY INTERESTING STORY, PLUS I LOVE READING ABOUT THE AMISH PEOPLE.
HERE ARE A FEW OF THE AMISH FARMS THAT SHE TRAVELED TO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. SHE WOULD TRAVEL IN THE WORST WEATHER. THE AMISH ALWAYS HAD A SOFA. IN THEIR KITCHEN, AND MANY TIMES SHE WOULD NAP ON THE SOFA AWAITING THE BIRTH OF A BABY. SHE EVEN HELPED WITH THE OTHER CHILDREN OFF TO SCHOOL.



GRACE KAISER SPENT 28 YEARS AS A FAMILY DOCTOR AMONG THE AMISH AND OLD ORDER MENNONITES OF LANCASTER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. SHE IS A GRADUATE OF CHESTNUT HILL AND THE PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE.WHEN SHE BECAME DISABLED SHE RETIRED, AND SHE MOVED TO PHOENIX WITH HER HUSBAND, PETER. THEY ARE THE PARENTS OF FOUR GROWN CHILDREN, AND GRANDPARENTS OF TWO. THE AMISH PEOPLE NAMED HER DR. FRAU.

GRACE KAISER SPENT 28 YEARS AS A FAMILY DOCTOR AMONG THE AMISH AND OLD ORDER MENNONITES OF LANCASTER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. SHE IS A GRADUATE OF CHESTNUT HILL AND THE PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE.WHEN SHE BECAME DISABLED SHE RETIRED, AND SHE MOVED TO PHOENIX WITH HER HUSBAND, PETER. THEY ARE THE PARENTS OF FOUR GROWN CHILDREN, AND GRANDPARENTS OF TWO. THE AMISH PEOPLE NAMED HER DR. FRAU.
Hi Rizzi, I am going to see if I can buy this book on Amazon, I know it would be something I would love to read!! I am also very interested in the Amish and Dr. Frau sounds like an amazing and inspirational woman. I wish Dr's were like that today, many of them seem to rush us out the door and they move on to their next patient....not all I do thankfully have some wonderful dr's but she sounds incredible. From your post I think she is still alive and lives in Arizona?? I wonder how old she is, I will definitely read this book, thanks Rizzi for sharing something so interesting :)
ReplyDeleteHave a nice evening.
xx
Bunny
I remember reading this book years ago, too. I love learning about the Amish people. Thanks for reminding me of a great story. Good review!
ReplyDeleteSounds like one amazing lady!!! I would so love to read this book...may have to hunt it down.
ReplyDeleteHugs my friend for a great great weekend. xoxo
thanks for sharing about Dr.Frau. she sounds so remarkable. enjoyed the phoyos. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog re cats. rose
ReplyDeletenot certain if my post re this amish story got lost or what . anyway the book looks good i grew in Penn., but not near the Amish. Thanks for your comments. this spring cleaning is awful. have to finish have stuff all over the house. haven't sdone this in 2 years. have a good Sunday. Rose
ReplyDelete